The beautiful Tessa from Casa Kuma has let her creativity flow into her food with this amazing recipe for golden vegan cauliflower cheese. Along with her incredible ethical fashion pieces (okay, we're slightly obsessed), she's pretty handy in the kitchen.
Her inspiration has come from the wonderful Taryn from Wellness with Taryn.
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower (Rinsed)
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Nuts (Soaked 3-8hrs)(Or overnight)
- 1/2 Onion (Diced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Diced)
- 2 Sprigs Spring Onion (Diced)
- 2 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Tsp Golden Grind Chilli Blend
- 1 TBS Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1/2 Vegetable Stock Cube (Good Quality - Sugar Free)
- Pinch of Salt
- Clean and rinse your cauliflower and steam for 10mins. Place into a pie dish. My dish is 17cm/6.5inches.
- In a small pot on a medium heat, saute the onion, spring onion and garlic in the coconut oil until golden brown. Add a little water (3-5TBS) as you add the stock cube, ensuring that it dissolves.
- Add the turmeric and salt, turn off the heat and allow to simmer.
- In a blender, add the cashew nuts, and when the onion mixture is cooled down a bit, add it to the nuts, leaving the liquid behind in the pot.
- Add the nutritional yeast and olive oil and blend, slowly adding the flavorful stock water from the pot until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
- Place the steamed cauliflower florets into the pie dish and pour over the cheesy sauce, ensuring all is covered.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cook and enjoy!