7 Health Packed Recipes to Boost Your Immunity
Imagine having all the luxuries in life, but without good health, they would be meaningless. Your health is the foundation of your well-being and enjoyment of life. Therefore, taking care of your health should be a top priority. It is an investment in yourself that pays dividends in the long run. While medicine can assist, taking care of your own fitness is crucial. Keeping your immune system strong is especially important.
The power of food to boost your immune system is truly remarkable. By indulging in delicious and nutritious foods, you can enhance your body's natural defence while satisfying your taste buds. It's a win-win situation for both your palate and your health.
Here are the 7 health packed recipes to boost your immunity:
- Tomato Foxtail Millet Recipe: This delicious and healthy recipe combines the goodness of foxtail millet with the tanginess of tomatoes. Foxtail millet is a rich source of protein, fibre, and essential minerals, while tomatoes are loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants. The recipe is simple and easy to prepare, making it a great addition to your daily diet.
Here is a Secret Recipe:
- Rinse the foxtail millet in water and soak for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and add cumin needs.
- Cook foxtail millet with water and spices, and add chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Let it cook for a few minutes until the flavours blend together.
- You can also add other vegetables like carrots or bell peppers to make it more nutritious.
A delicious option for sure! Tantalise your taste buds and nourish your body!
- Ginger, Carrot and Turmeric Soup: This incredible soup recipe is not just flavourful and creamy, but also gluten free. It is power packed with nutrition due to the anti-inflammatory and healing properties of turmeric and ginger, nicely balanced by the sweetness of the carrots and the pungent taste of the spices.
Follow these steps and Relish:
- Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, orange zest, and turmeric.
- Add in the carrots, vegetable stock and orange juice
- Allow it to simmer until the carrots are tender.
- Once done, blend the soup until smooth.
On a chilly winter evening, this ginger and turmeric carrot soup is absolutely delightful and will warm you up from the inside out!
- Nutty Beetroot Raita: Beetroot is a popular immune-boosting food, as it contains essential minerals like iron, copper, and zinc that strengthen the body. Additionally, it's rich in Vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that improves immune function and protects the body from damage caused by free radicals. It’s great for collagen production and wound healing.
How to prepare?
- Mix low-fat curd with roasted cumin powder
- Add possible’s seeds cocktail, chopped green chillies and black salt.
- Add cooked beetroot and more curd before mixing thoroughly
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Enjoy a delightful crunch and burst of flavour with every bite! Try it with your next lunch or dinner for a healthy and tasty twist!
- Rainbow Salad with Avocado Dressing: Elevate your daily meals with quick and easy heart-healthy rainbow salad, topped with a creamy avocado ranch dressing. This colourful salad is packed with nutrient-dense ingredients like - leafy greens, berries and nuts to support a healthy immune system.
5 Easy Steps:
- Slice zucchini and fennel lengthways into thin ribbons. Transfer them to a plate.
- Slice the carrot, radish and apple into rounds
- Repeat the slicing process with the beetroot.
- For the avocado ranch dressing, scoop the avocado into a food processor, add buttermilk, garlic, mustard and sugar. Process until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Do try this one and savour a rainbow of flavours and textures in every bite!
- Spinach Green Smoothie: Rich in iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, and antioxidants, a spinach green smoothie can be a delicious and easy way to get more greens to your diet.
Healthy Blending moments start here:
- Rinse the spinach and add it to a blender.
- Add the banana, frozen mango, pineapple chunks, almond milk, and honey to the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious and nutritious spinach green smoothie!
This recipe is easy to customize by adding other fruits or vegetables, such as strawberries, blueberries, kale, or avocado.
You can also experiment with different types of milk or add protein powder to make it a more filling meal!
- Roasted Vegetables with Hummus: Roasted vegetables are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, such as vitamin C and beta-carotene, that help protect the body from illness and inflammation. Hummus, which is made from chickpeas, is also a great source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, folate, and zinc, that support immune function.
How can you prepare it?
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut a variety of vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini and carrots, into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the vegetables with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the hummus sauce by blending drained and rinsed chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of tahini, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and once the vegetables are done roasting, serve them warm.
Perfect for any occasion, this recipe is an amazing way to add more vegetables into your diet and enjoy a delicious and satisfying snack or meal!
Let’s get in action to savour it:
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add oats, mixed berries, chopped nuts, honey (if using), vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir well and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the berries are soft and the oatmeal is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a minute or two.
Serve in bowls and enjoy to start your day off right. You can also customize this recipe by adding different types of berries, nuts, and sweeteners to suit your taste!
- Berries and Nuts Oatmeal Recipe: This recipe is a great way to start your day off on the right foot, as it's high in fibre, protein, and healthy fats, that will keep you feeling full and energised throughout the morning. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants help fight off infections and support immune function.
These seven health-packed recipes provide a variety of options to help boost immunity, from hearty soups and stews to antioxidant-rich smoothies and salads. By incorporating these recipes into your meal plan, you can give your body the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and strong.