Recipe | Overnight Healing Oats
Prep time 15 mins
Serving size 2
These creamy, sweet and perfectly spiced Vegan Golden Milk Overnight Oats are full of warming spices and filling ingredients to keep your body nourished and happily going for hours. These will keep you satisfied and are easily digested for a speedy metabolic enhancing breakfast on the go or afternoon pick me up when the hunger kicks in! Plus they taste so good but give you enough turmeric to help decrease bodily inflammation.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Golden Grind turmeric latte blend
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut mylk
- 2 tsp maple syrup/honey or agave
Golden maple Poached Pears
- 2 whole Pears peeled
- ½ tsp Golden Grind turmeric latte blend
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp maple syrup/sweetener of choice
- In a pot of water, add Golden grind Turmeric latte mix, 4 crushed cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and Maple syrup. Place 2 peeled pears in the water and bring to the boil.
- Whilst pears are cooking, in a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients-from the oats to the black pepper. Mix well until combined.
- Add in the coconut mylk to dry mixture and mix well.
- Divide the overnight oats mixture into two bowls or jars and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once Pears are boiling, take off the heat and remove from the water. You can place them aside until partly cooled, then refrigerate, ready to slice in half and place them on top of your oats mixture in the morning!
- In the morning, add on whatever toppings you desire and enjoy! We have added a dollop of Coconut yoghurt, Hemp seeds and roughly chopped pistachios for a crunch!