Revitalise your Hormonal Health with 8 Natural Drinks
Hormones play a crucial role in our overall health and well-being. They regulate many of our bodily functions, including growth, metabolism, and reproduction. When it comes to maintaining hormonal balance, we often hear about the importance of a healthy diet, regular exercise, and relaxation techniques. While these are all crucial components, we tend to overlook the role of hormone-balancing drinks. The good news is that incorporating drinks that promote hormonal balance into your daily routine is easy, affordable, and can be a delicious addition to your diet.
So, let's explore some hormone balancing drinks that are not only quick and simple to prepare but can also do wonders for your hormonal health:
- Lemon Tea: If you've been experiencing hormonal imbalances, your diet may be the culprit. Digestive issues can let your hormones go haywire. Luckily, there's a simple solution: start your day with warm lemon water. Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which can help you feel more energised and regulate hormones like glucose and leptin. Moreover, lemon water has the potential to maintain liver health. Maintaining a healthy liver and metabolism can aid in maintaining optimal energy levels, enhancing nutrient absorption, and promoting healthy hormone levels.
- Tulsi Green Tea: This incredible herbal remedy, also known as holy basil has been used for centuries due to its adaptogenic properties and unique ability to regulate metabolism. By helping to maintain an optimal metabolic rate, Green Tulsi tea makes it easier for the body to expel excess estrogen and testosterone, which can lead to a range of unpleasant symptoms. So, if you're looking to boost your energy, support healthy stress levels, and feel your best, Green Tulsi tea may be just what you need!
- Ashwagandha Golden Milk: Stress - This six-letter word has become a part of our modern lifestyle and it’s one of the main causes of hormonal imbalance. Ashwagandha - an incredible Indian herb that has been used for centuries to help promote healthy cortisol levels, which play a vital role in how our bodies react to stress. Combined with another herb - turmeric which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, makes you feel relaxed and centered.
Yes! This soothing and creamy beverage – ashwagandha Golden milk- supports immunity and is a great way to wind down after a long day. To make ashwagandha golden milk, you'll typically start by heating up milk (dairy or non-dairy) and whisking in ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of black pepper. Then, you can add Ashwagandha powder, honey, and vanilla extract to taste. Do try and feel the difference!
- Matcha Latte: Matcha is a type of tea that originates from the Camellia Sinensis plant, which also produces tencha tea. Unlike other types of tea, matcha is grown in shaded conditions, which increases the chlorophyll content and gives it its distinctive vibrant green colour. Matcha Lattes that are made by blending matcha powder with milk or non-dairy milk, have gained popularity as a tasty and healthy alternative to coffee drinks.
Due to its high antioxidant content, matcha protects the body from damage caused by free radicals. It contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has been shown to have a calming effect on the nervous system. Also, the compound epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), has been shown potentially to regulate estrogen levels in the body. So, consider adding matcha to your daily diet and regulate your hormone levels naturally.
- Kombucha: Kombucha - The fizzy, tangy, and healthy drink has taken the health and wellness world by storm. Not only does it taste great, but it's also been touted as a remedy for all sorts of ailments, including the balancing of female hormones. Originating in China and spreading throughout the world, this fermented tea process creates a probiotic-rich beverage that's loaded with healthy bacteria and yeast which ultimately leaves a positive impact on hormonal balance.
And if that's not enough, kombucha also contains phytoestrogens, which are plant-based compounds. This is really helpful for women going through menopause, as they may experience a decrease in estrogen levels.
- Pineapple and Cherry Drink: Looking for a tasty and refreshing way to elevate your hormonal health? A pineapple and cherry smoothie is an answer. Let’s start with pineapple. It contains an enzyme called bromelain which has anti-inflammatory properties. Pineapple also helps combat oxidative stress which can also disrupt hormonal balance.
Now, let’s talk about cherries. Cherries are rich in antioxidants which contain melatonin that helps regulate sleep-wake cycles. Getting enough sleep ultimately supports hormonal health. The sweetness of the fruits can also help curb sugar cravings, which can benefit those struggling with hormonal imbalances. You can also add in other ingredients like spinach or protein powder for an extra boost of nutrients. Enjoy as a breakfast or snack and let the tasty goodness keep your hormones happy and stable.
- Beetroot Juice: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients including folate, manganese and potassium, beetroot is a superfood that helps maintain hormonal health by improving blood flow and oxygen delivery, supporting liver function, reducing inflammation, and regulating blood sugar levels.
Beetroot juice, made from root vegetables contains Vitamin C, which is again an essential nutrient for the production of several hormones including estrogen and progesterone that reduces oxidative stress and supports DNA synthesis and repair.
- Hibiscus Tea: Health packed with polyphenols and flavonoid antioxidants, Hibiscus tea helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. Additionally, it contains phytoestrogens which are plant compound that regulates hormonal level, particularly in women experiencing menopausal symptoms.
Hormonal imbalances can be a real pain, but luckily, there are plenty of drinks that can help regulate your hormones and support your overall health and well-being. Whether you prefer golden milk in the morning or a refreshing glass of beetroot juice after a workout, these hormone-regulating drinks are there for everyone. So, don’t hesitate to incorporate these drinks into your daily routine and feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally.