GOLDEN GINGER-SNAP AND LEMON CHEESECAKES
Vegan, gluten-free cheesecakes that are creamy, slightly tart, perfect mixture of spice and sweet, and 100% irresistible. Better than real cheesecake and a perfect healthy, simple dessert to feed a crowd or to keep for yourself as an after-dinner treat!
SERVES: 6 mini cakes
TIME: 50 mins (excluding freezer time)
- 1 cup packed (200 g) pitted fresh Medjool dates
- 1 cup (120 g) raw walnuts or Almonds
- 1 tbls of Golden Grind Turmeric blend
- 1 tbls of ground ginger
- Pinch of Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) raw cashews, quick-soaked
- 1 large lemon juiced (1/4 cup or 50 ml)
- 1/3 cup (80 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp (150 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 tbls original Golden Grind Turmeric blend
- 1 tsp fresh Grated Ginger
- 3 tbls Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar
- Add dates to a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Next add nuts, Ginger powder, a pinch of salt and Turmeric blend and process into a meal. Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers.
- Scoop in 1 heaped tbsp of crust into Silicon muffin trays, and press down with fingers. To pack it down, use a small glass or the back of a spoon to compact it and really press it down. Set aside in freezer.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. For the coconut milk, I like to scoop the "cream" off the top because it provides a richer texture. But if yours is already all mixed together, just add it in as is.
- In a quality blender, or food processor mix for 1 minute, or until silky smooth consistency.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin trays. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard - about 4-6 hours.
- In a pan over a stovetop, heat Coconut oil, adding Coconut sugar, Turmeric blend and lastly Fresh ginger. Stir until melted and well combined. Remove from stove and cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cheesecakes are set, remove from freezer. With a teaspoon, it time to get creative! Apply 1 tsp of turmeric glaze to each Cheesecake creating either a consistent glaze, or patterns if you choose!
- Put back in the freezer to set the glaze 15-30 mins.
- They should pop right out. But they're perfect as is!
Keep in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks and enjoy on a warm summers night!
Enjoy. Be Bliss. Be Present. Be Golden.
For more DELICIOUS recipes make sure you jump onto J.NOURISH