RECIPE | Simple Salt and Pepper Tofu (Golden Nuggets)
- 400 g of Firm Organic Tofu
- ¼ cup of Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp. Golden Grind Turmeric Chilli Blend
- 1-2 pinches of Sea salt
- ½ tsp of Pepper
- Coconut oil (for pan frying)
- Dice Firm Tofu into 2 cm cubes and set aside.
- Combine Tapioca Flour, Turmeric Blend and salt and pepper well in a mixing bowl.
- Add Tofu cubes into the Flour mixture, and toss until well combined. Ensure to let them sit for a minute or two, and then repeat the toss again. This will ensure the tofu doesn’t stick together and is evenly covered with a golden batter before frying.
- In a Non-stick fry pan, heat the pan to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add about 2-3 tbls of Coconut oil for frying. You want to make sure the whole pan is covered with a very thin layer of Coconut oil.
- Add Tofu pieces so they cover the pan and let them sizzle for about 3-4 minutes on each side- or until they are lightly golden brown. You may notice the pieces ‘gluing’ together. This is just the nature of tapioca flour, embrace it I say! It makes flipping the pieces all together quite convenient.
- Once they are all golden and crispy, remove and place on a plate to slightly cool.
- Serve on top of your favourite salad, or use to replace a meat or protein source!