Thanks to the gorgeous @sweatwithbec for this awesome Vegan Protein Ball Recipe.
4 scoops vanilla vegan protein
1 cup apple sauce
2 tbs coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
1/4 cup flaked almonds
2 heaped tbs golden grind turmeric blend + extra for rolling
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs almond meal
1 pinch of black pepper
- Combine all dry ingredients except the nuts in a medium mixing bowl
- Roughly chop the raw cashews & sliced almonds, add to the bowl and combined thoroughly. These are going to be key for texturally exciting balls.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until a dough like mix is formed.
- Now it's time to start Rollin'. Take a heaped tbs of the mix, roll in to balls about 1 inch in diameter. After you've rolled your balls lightly dust the balls/coat them in the remainder of the golden grind turmeric.
- Store the balls in an air tight container in the fridge, this will keep them fudge like.
- Enjoy the balls as a guilt free pre or post workout snack or on the go!